Thursday, October 30, 2014
3. Subject matter: Crayons, Tran carves crayons into various characters
4. Elements of art: Color and form
5. Principles of design: Mostly pattern and contrast are used
6. Gives you a kinda uplifting and awesome mood that someone took the time to carve crayons
7. I feel the crayon carving is about creativity and trying new things
8. I feel this is worth sharing because I feel it is amazing someone would spend the time carving crayons, and because it is done so well
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Glenn Arthur2. http://www.glennarthurart.com
3. He uses acrylic paint, prism colors, ballpoint pens, fluid acrylic and pencil.
4. He uses the emphasized of color, value, texture and shape to make a more realistic look.
5. Balance, pattern, contrast and unity are there principles of design he mainly uses.
6. The face expressions give out a more serious, confident, and elegant look.
7. His paintings are about elements that happened in his past and future. They are also about love, death, conflict and duality, giving a theme of strength and and hope.
8. I think his art work is worth sharing because in his paintings he shows the passion he has for art and how detail he is with everything in his paintings. I love the designs of the paintings and how he combines the colors and makes the girls have a look of superiority and confident about themselves.
Saturday, October 25, 2014
1. Erik Jones
2. His website is: www.erikjonesart.com
3. He uses several mediums; watercolor, acrylic, colored pencils, water-soluble wax pastel, and oils.
4. He emphasizes the element of vibrant colors.
5. He uses contrasting colors to balance out his paintings.
6. Heightened sense of realism
7. Jones' artwork consists of many bright colors that contrast with each other to make it pleasing to look at. It is said that his work sort of mimics a geometric high end fashion.
8. I thought this artist was worth sharing because he has beautiful work. Also because his use of mediums are very unique and I think some of the other students can get ideas from him.
Friday, October 24, 2014
Elements: color, Value, pop art glow
Principle Design: Contrast, realistic
Mood: amazed, happy,relaxed
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Kim's art is comprised of sketches and small paintings/prints. They can vary from sketches of unique and original characters Kim has come up with, to caricatures, to vibrant and detailed environments which make the sketch or painting feel alive and breathing.
There are dream-like feelings you can get by looking at his artwork, which can also be very inspiring.
Kim Jung Gi's artwork has no real theme, with every piece as or more unique than the next. Each sketch is more like diving into a piece of his imagination, and leaving no space for anything else. They also give off a sort of anime vibe.
Monday, October 20, 2014
3. Picasso was an abstract artist
4.He emphasized his colors his lines were bold
5. His works usually have good contrast and are very bold
6. His mood was relaxed and very calming
7. He did didn't really have a central theme he just drew what he felt like.
8.Because he is picasso and is amazing