Friday, November 28, 2014
3. portraits or scenes
4. shape, form, value, light
5. contrast, emphasis, movement
6. Dramatic or mysterious
7. I believe that the artwork is about humanity, realism, and drama
8. Caravaggio is a influential figure in the baroque movement and started the introduction into modern painting
Thursday, November 20, 2014
2.Website found in http://www.opiomgallery.com/en/artistes/oeuvresphotographe/17/jeeyoung-lee
3. Subject Matter Lee creates different places by decorating her small studio into various scenarios
7. What is the Artwork About? The artwork is about Lee's personal quests
8. I felt like sharing because I found Lee's work interesting and loved the emotion of the pieces
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
2.Website found in I found about this artist through Instagram. Her official website: Lacchei's Page & be more connected with her in Zoe's Facebook.
3. Subject Matter Fusion of many traditional techniques and materials to create portraits of women and recently of Marilyn Manson.
6. Mood/Feeling Her paintings are passionate and electric especially the ones on her website. She draws freely and my favorite is her Geisha Project because it's vivid and wonderfully seductive in a way.
7. What is the Artwork About? I feel like her artwork is something she has fun with and it's easy for her because Lacchei's imagination comes from study of humans and the Japanese culture. So she expresses both by drawing life along with the women.
8. I felt like sharing this artist because I love her creativity on her pieces. She draws freely and I feel we should do the same with our art and make it unique.
|Zoe who grew up in Rome|
|Book Cover From Beauties & Beasts|
|Sketches of a Dangerous Mind|
|Marilyn Manson- Metamorphosis|
3. She uses color pencils, prisma, pastel, acrylic paint and pencil.
5. Balance, contrast and unity are there principles of design she uses to make it more unique.
6. The amount of details and time she puts into her work makes it stand out more.
Monday, November 17, 2014
Subject Matter: Pop Art
Elements: Andy used silkscreen in most of his art and have a comic effect to it with an entirely different tone from the cold and impersonal mood of his pop art.
Principals of Design: pop art with a lot of bright color.
Mood/Feeling: I feel like Andy Warhols art made it feel very happy, fun, and like the 80's.
The reason for his famous known art was because pop art was a new style of art that began in England in the mid-1950s and consisted of realistic renditions of popular, everyday items. Andy Warhol wanted to be known for a specific form of art and so he did.
Friday, November 14, 2014
- Spray Painting Art!
- Seagrave uses the elements of Contrast in the spray paint colors he uses and in some art work emphasis.
- The principles that he uses are calm, relaxing, beautiful, happy.
- I believe the art is to experience a place or type of image to let yourself go, and feel less stressed out about things, to just feel emotionally free.
- This art work is worth sharing because i feel that any type of person like Seagrave can make spray painting a beautiful art piece that someone is bound to love! www.spraybombs.com
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Pedro Reyes is an artist that uses sculpture and performance.
The project I know him most for is a project called "Disarm".
This piece involved many destroyed and dismantled weapons that Pedro got a team together to make into musical instruments.
The instruments were playable, but people had to take hours of time to begin to learn how. So Pedro constructed them to be automated and play pieces that people helped him compose.
There is a lot of irony and creativity in this project because he is using weapons, which are destructive, to make beautiful music,
I believe this was worth sharing because it was a unique idea and was very satisfying to see developed and eventually finished.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
1. Chelsea Pero
3. Uses mainly acrylic paint
4. Emphasizes bright colors
5. Uses principle of contrast with her colors
6. The mood is amused and blissful
7. Pero's artwork portrays the way she wants to see the world; in vibrant, bright colors. She shows more beauty in things through her use of colors.
8. This artist is worth sharing because her use of color amazes me and she is one of my favorite present day artists. I think everyone can play with colors like she does and create beautiful works. She also shows that using several colors and hues at once can work out to be nice and not a colorful mess. :-)
Sunday, November 9, 2014
2. Website: http://www.glennarthurart.com/ Instagram: @glen_arthur_art
3. Subject matter: female portraiture
4. Elements of art emphasized: line, space, form, value, color, texture
5. Principles of design used: contrast, movement, pattern, unity
6. What is the mood or feeling: ethereal, supernatural
7. "Touching on themes of love, death, conflict and duality, Glenn’s art tells stories of strength and hope through emotion and sentiment with his sensual beauties and signature hummingbirds. " -Glenn Arthur
8. I think the artist is worth sharing because of the intense detail/craftsmanship that this artist puts into all his artwork. I really admire the cleanliness of his art. His originality is also really distinct; it's very easy to identify his artwork among other artists who use similar subject matters or mediums.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
1. Tim Burton
2. Website: www.timburton.com
3. Subject matter: graphite, watercolor, stop - motion animation
4. Emphasizes dark colors
5. Principle of design used is variety and proportion
6. His work gives off a mysterious, gothic mood
7. Burton's work comes in a large variety since he first started drawing only. After studying animation and experimenting with what he liked, he began to do more stop-motion animation. Burton's 3 dimensional work brings something unique and new to life and gives off a dark, gothic feeling without being scary. In my opinion, he makes ugly, old-fashioned things look fascinating and beautiful in a way.
8. I think this artist is worth sharing because he uses a different medium than just on paper or canvas. I also think that his style is very unique and original.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
3. He uses digital mixed media to create his art.
4. The elements that are emphasized are color, value, and texture.
5. The principle of designed used is movement.
6. The mood in his artwork is happy but also mysterious.
7. His artwork puts a fun and creepy twist on things you see everyday such as animals, people, and trees to create a mysterious fairy tale.
8. I thought that Alexander Jansson was worth sharing because I thought that his work was original and very impressive.
1. Kazuhiro Tsuji
4. Color, shapes and texture
5. Unity and harmony
6. Very realistic and detailed
7. His sculpture series called, "Two Periods of Andy Warhol" shows how he wanted to express the emotions of the model of his sculpture, behind the likeness of it. On his "Artist Statement" of his website he stated, "I think about creating these faces from the inside out, concentrating on bringing to life the illusion of inner thoughts and emotion". He wanted to make a sculpture not only visually similar to the model but emotionally and thoughtfully similar, too.
8. As a beginner artist, this kind of thought of Tsuji sounded very important to me. As I try to draw a realistic drawing, I useally get the appearance right but not the emotion of it; that emotion or inner thoughts of the object was often missing in my work. So I learn from him that I have to focus on the emotion that my model or object is trying to express to create better work of art.
Monday, November 3, 2014
3.Neoclassical style, history painting
4. He emphasized space, form, value, color.
5. balance, contrast, movement.
6.depends, mostly monumental or important
7. The artwork that he produced for most of his life was to showcase the politics of his time. He either painted from recent events in his time or ancient events that held symbolic purpose to anything happening at the time.
8. Th artist is worth sharing because many of his paintings are of historical importance. The fact that he had painted a portrait of Napoleon and was close to many influential figures in history shows his importance. Another reason is the skill that is present in his paintings is fantastic.